October 2021 Riparian Management Program in Lampasas
The Lampasas River Watershed Partnership is collaborating with Texas Water Resources Institute and Texas AgriLife Extension Service to offer a Texas Riparian & Stream Ecosystem Workshop on October 13 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Lampasas County Farm Bureau building (1793 N., US-281, Lampasas, Texas 76550).
Texas Water Resources Institute and Texas AgriLife Extension Service to offer a Texas Riparian & Stream Ecosystem partnership are offering a free workshop on October 13 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Lampasas County Farm Bureau building (1793 N., US-281, Lampasas, Texas 76550).
The free workshop will include both indoor classroom and outdoor presentations by multiple natural resource agency experts and an outdoor field portion on a creek to discover how it functions and the role of riparian vegetation in properly functioning systems. The goal is for participants to better understand and relate to riparian and watershed processes, the benefits that healthy riparian areas provide, and the tools that can be employed to prevent and/or resolve degradation and improve water quality. At the conclusion of the training, participants will receive a certificate of completion.
You can RSVP emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or online on our event webpage: https://twri.tamu.edu/our-work/engaging-educating/texas-riparian-stream-ecosystem-education-program/trainings/2021/october/texas-riparian-stream-ecosystem-training-lampasas-river/ by October 8, 2021. The workshop is free, however a catered lunch will be available to participants for $15. Lunch can be paid in advance by Credit Card or in cash the day of the event. Participants may also choose to bring their own lunch. Dress is casual and comfortable for the weather as we will be outside at the stream during the afternoon.
We are also pleased to offer the following Continuing Education Units:
- Texas Department of Agriculture Pesticide Applicators License - 3 CEUs
- Texas Water Resources Institute - 1 CEU
- Texas Nutrient Management Planning Specialists - 6 hours
- Texas Forestry Association - 6 hours
- Society of American Foresters - 6 hours
- Certified Crop Advisor- 7 CEUs (Nutrient Mgmt: 1, Soil & Water: 1.5, IPM: 1.5, Crop Mgmt: 2.5, Manure Mgmt: 0.5)
- Texas Board of Architectural Examiners “Acceptable for HSW credit”
- Texas Floodplain Management Association – 7 CECs
- The program may also be used for CEUs for Professional Engineers.
- Check with your Chapter for Master Naturalist and Master Gardener to see if it is approved for your area. This course is approved for the Texas Waters Specialist certification program
Please feel free to share with your friends and neighbors!